On 22 February 2019, the Euro-Mediterranean Network for Economic Studies – EMNES will organise an internal Strategy Seminar which will take place after CEPS IdeasLab 2019.
The objective of the Strategy Seminar is to examine the achievements and the new policies and models of regional integration in the Mediterranean. These new policies and models will guide the research agenda of EMNES in the next years. EMNES new vision stems from the quest for economic policy solutions aiming at more inclusive, sustainable and employment driven socio-economic development in the region.
The Seminar will be chaired by Rym Ayadi, Professor, CASS Business School, EMNES Scientific Director and EMEA Founding President.
Among the participants will be :
- Hala Helmy El-Saeed, Minister of Planning and Administrative Reform – Arab Republic of Egypt
- Fathallah Sijilmassi, former Secretary General of the Union for the Mediterranean
- Rabah Arezki, Chief Economist, World Bank
- Roger Albinyana, Director, IEMED
- Raja Almarzoqi, Professor, IDS
- Sami Ben Naceur, IMF
- Jacques Charmes, Director IRD
- Carlos Conde, Head of Division, OECD
- Mona El Garf, Professor, FEPS
- Samiha Fawzy, Ex Minister of Trade, Egypt
- Pascal Petit, Emeritus Research Officer, CNRS
- Ralph Chami, Assistant Director, IMF