On 22 February 2019, the Euro-Mediterranean Network for Economic Studies – EMNES organised an internal Strategy Seminar which took place back to back the CEPS IdeasLab 2019.
The objective of the Strategy Seminar was to examine the achievements and the new policies and models of regional integration in the Mediterranean. These new policies and models will guide the research agenda of EMNES in the next years. EMNES new vision stems from the quest for economic policy solutions aiming at more inclusive, sustainable and employment driven socio-economic development in the region.
The Seminar was chaired by Rym Ayadi, Professor, CASS Business School, EMNES Scientific Director and EMEA Founding President.
The seminar included members of EMNES Steering and Advisory Committees. Among the participants were:
- Fathallah Sijilmassi, former Secretary General of the Union for the Mediterranean
- Roger Albyniana – Director of Euro-Mediterranean Policies of IEMed
- Cinzia Alcidi – Head of the Economic Policy Unit of CEPS
- Raja Almarzoqi – Professor, IDS
- Sami Ben Naceur – Deputy Division Chief, IMF
- Ralph Chami – Assistant Director, IMF
- Pascal Petit – Emeritus Research Officer, CNRS
- Olfa Benouda – Rector of Carthage University
- Rim Mouelhi – Professor, University of Manouba
- Chahir Zaki – Associate PRofessor, FEPS
- Serena Sandri – Assistant Professor, German Jordanian University
- Nooh Alshab– Associate Professor, Yarmouk University
- Sandra Challita – EMEA Researcher
- Carlo Sessa – Research Director and former President of the Institute of Studies for the Integration of Systems of Rome
- Emanuele Sessa – EMEA Researcher
- George Christopoulos – EMEA Communications